The area where content marketing and social media/business intersect is social content marketing.
The attention to social content marketing tactics and strategies is rising with an increasingly linked customer and social purchasing route.
The word, however, is not just about social networking or content optimization for social networks.
It's all about relating strategies and values of social enterprise, partnership and newsroom to content marketing.
Blogs (the first true social platforms') are the information hubs of many social content marketing models and the social networks and media are the spokes used to distribute content through related audiences.
A strong content strategy, however, is more complex than that and involves blogs and even offline activities as well.
In combination with the marketing objectives, it does not place the medium (such as a blog) but the client, buying a persona or audience at the middle.
However a social content strategy (from plan to execution) makes sense because in most content marketing activities, social media are central and vice versa.
It also makes sense to look at various sub-strategies of social content, tailored to the individual platforms.
All social networks are too often used by companies in the same way: sharing content in an easy and non-optimized way.
Technique for social content:
- It takes into account the desires and conduct of the target markets and their audiences.
- Analyze how various media networks are used by target groups and people to find knowledge at each point of their journey.
- Looks into how to combine user-generated content and viral content to provide more meaning and/or value (e.g. from social curation sites such as Scoop.it, Pinterest or even simply Twitter embeds).
- Has an integrated social strategy whereby each other is reinforced by the various social networks, thus preventing marketing fatigue or overkilling the message.
- It is integrated with the overall plan for content marketing.
- Includes, combined with or on top of the editorial calendar, a calendar per social platform and communication moment that charts the content, target audiences, actions (time to send) and KPIs.
- Integrates with searches that are being increasingly characterised by social signals.