You are currently viewing this course as Guest.
Content Marketing - Press Releases
Here are five tips for taking the PR of your company, must-reveal details normally included in a press release. These ideas can also help provide increased access to the online presence of your company and help encourage the thought leadership of more speakers, opening up more media possibilities and a greater range of contact points between your organization and its customers.
1. To build a hook for your market, leverage the interest in current events
Find an uncommon hook unique to your business or sector to get your data exposure when selecting a story that already has or is gaining a high degree of public awareness.
2. Make use of a survey
- Collect publicly accessible information that the market will find interesting.
- A study found that after the economic crisis, twenty-somethings were more interested in financial fitness than physical fitness.
- Know that you're searching for a way to get the attention of people connected to a topic they are interested in.
- Your bid should not be the survey's main priority!
3. Extend deals associated with holidays
- Create PR campaigns around events like back-to-school, Halloween and Thanksgiving that are promotionally oriented.
- For instance, you could write a press release and connect to a shopping list on your website or specific back-to-school items.
- Your aim is to provide consumers with valuable knowledge, which also applies to your goods.
- Instead you could help create an event, such as "Social Media".
4. Embed a promotion in your press release
- Southwest Airlines is a perfect example that demonstrates this point: it produced $ 1.5 million in revenue from four press releases.
- To track your results, generate special promotion codes when you use this method of promotion.
- Be very specific about the timing of your rates, as well.
- Consider that this form of marketing will go viral, so you need to have adequate product or you may feel betrayed by your prospects.
5. Offer your customers the spotlight
- Take a page from American Express that includes clients using their goods in their Open ads and Lion Brand Yarn, which each month in their blog features a client project.
- Think about how to combine the goods and anything of interest to prospective customers for a press release.