You are currently viewing this course as Guest.
Content Marketing - Podcasts
Why with podcasts?
- Next in the sense of content marketing, let's talk about why podcasts are so important.
- A podcast is a collection of audio content pieces, usually published in the form of episodes weekly.
- The length and structure of these episodes differ, with some mostly unfolding as interviews and others aiming to include an entire narrative experience.
Five great advantages of podcasting
In either case, using podcasts has many advantages:
1. Popularity at present
- In the past few years, podcasts have become incredibly popular.
- More than a million podcasts currently exist, with 30 million episodes between them and more than half of all households are listeners to podcasts.
- As more people discover and immerse themselves in the medium, podcasts also seem to be on a steady growth trajectory.
2. Simplicity of entry
- Due to how simple they are to make, podcasts are also valuable.
- Make no mistake, just as you would for any kind of material, you'll always need to put the effort in.
- You can get started with a relatively cheap assortment of tools, however and you don't need any special audio engineering training to create an episode that sounds good.
3. Cross-medium potential Probable
- Podcasts are also a gateway for simultaneously creating various types of content.
- You might for example, record a video of an interview you conducted with an industry leader, then publish it as a video, a podcast, and as a blog, capitalising on the material in three ways.
4. Collaborative potential for partnership
- The immersive audio experience is ideal for collaboration, you can learn from other podcasts, and other industry professionals can take advantage of your participation.
- This cross-pollination effect makes it easier for you to spread your power, thus helping to generate new content.
5. New segments for the audience
- If you crack them with audio content, some people who prefer listening to podcasts will never discover your work.
- In every event, in new ways, you will be able to enter new segments and current segments, expanding your audience.