Looking at the way you name your files is one of the best ways to boost your search engine optimization. We did a lot of research on file-names before writing this tutorial and found that search engines like Google offer file names too much importance. You should think about what you want to put on your website and then give this page the right file name.
In the Google search engine, just try to enter any keyword and you will find file names highlighted with the keyword you have provided. It proves that there should be relevant keywords in your file name.
Type of File Naming :
1. Preferably, the filename should be brief and clear.
2. Using the same keywords in a file name as well as in the page title is always good.
3. Do not use file names as they are common, such as service.htm or job.htm. Using the actual service name, such as operating.device.htm, in your file name.
4. In file names, don't use more than 3-4 words.
5. Separate the keywords rather than underline them with hyphens.
6. If feasible, try to use 2 keywords.
Extension of File